Tuesday 20 November 2012

Picture Star Canvas


I made this colourful canvas for the 'Brighten Your Month' challenge - hope you will join in! I used the Picture Star and Whimsical Melange plates from Artistic Outpost. I covered the canvas with tissue wrap - you can buy similar here - using gel medium, and then went over it with gesso and distress inks. I stamped some background images in black. I covered a piece of glossy card with distress inks in shades of blue and stamped the main images in Cobalt Blue archival ink, and added the words, 'You Outta Be in Pictures' behind a piece of Tim Holtz film strip, curling the end of it. I finished off with some embellishments and mica flakes.

5 comments:

  1. Yay - it's really glitz and 1920's /30's glamour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lucy, what a fabulous canvas, adore the range of colours you've used and fantastic stamping. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Lucy, this is fabulous! Love the colours, and the delicious stamping!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely and bright piece, Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your gorgeous canvas Lucy, so fab, xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.