Wednesday 4 July 2012

Beware the Sirens By Kaz Boughton.

I'm very excited to be the guest designer for July, thank you for inviting me to join you, and I just had to make something with Stampotique stamps!


I have used Smumauha, Smushallaum, Smushasha  and Octopet - love the mermaids, but those names! I coloured them with Copics and cut them out.
For the bases I used Wood Spools Pack and painted them with acrylic paints, then wrapped some fibres around them. I then cut some mesh randomly and stamped Splatter Long in different inks and cut these out. Both of these were used to make faux seaweed and stuck onto the top of the spools and the mermaids were then attached entwined in this.
Finally I took the words from Beyond the Sea by Artistic Outpost as a warning to anyone going out on the sea.

Kaz xxx

7 comments:

  1. wow your sirens are terrific Kaz, x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG these are absolutely stunninf

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these stamps, and how you have used them is awesome. Love it. carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so lush!!!
    such a fabby way of using the spools too :D

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.