Wednesday 21 December 2011

Christmas Scrapping By Carol Fox

I don't scrap but I do love some of the papers available. As soon as I saw this set in the shop I just thought how well they would fit onto the little wooden blocks that I am in love with at the moment. I have a pile of these on a wooden chest of draws in my hallway. I add a set each year as it's lovely when I get the decorations out each year to see the older sets and it brings back memories of that year. I have been doing this for about five years now and I am getting quite a pile of them.
For this years set I have used the Pink Paislee sheet , its very good value for these as on the sheet you get 25 images and you only need 24 for a set of four bricks so you have a spare incase you cut of sants's head whilst cutting out.(blushes)
These are a set of 4 bricks which I painted with claudine hellmuth Paints using the crackle technique between the layers. Once dry I roughed up the edges of the cut circles using a paper distresser and then stuck one of each face of each brick using multi medium.
Once dry I aged them up a bit using Old Paper distress ink on an applicator. with out the drying time these took about half an hour to make, so they are a quick and easy project and not too messy if like me you have had a good tidy up of the craft room for Christmas.
I may add a some stickles to them I have not decided yet. But you can jazz these up as much or a little as you wish, they are fun to make and look really effective.

I used
Pink Paislee paper
multi medium
paints
stickles
Blocks
distress ink
paper distresser


6 comments:

  1. What a terrific project! I can't believe how much you did with one sheet of paper. I love the idea of the collection growing over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific idea.......soon to be family heirlooms am sure. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore blocks and have a bagfull just waiting! I also like the idea of your collection growing over the years - and they are something simple which I might actually repeat! Warm wishes,

    ReplyDelete
  4. just adorable ~amazing idea!!
    have a wonderful christmas time!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful idea! Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.