Thursday 29 September 2011

Sunshine and strawberry cheesecake in a box

This week I have had the dilema of creating a gift for a friend who has six children!


I didn't want to take the easy route of turning the photos to black and white so I enhanced them all with Picnik (a photo editing free programme).  This gave them all the same tones.


I made a photo cube from an old kit but you could easily copy it by cutting 6- 5x5 inch squares and punching 2 small holes in each corner for threading through. Make sure you pull your string or ribbon really tight inside the box.



I simply covered it with some of the Basic Grey SALE papers from Happy Daze and let their vibrant colours do all the talking. A few stickers, Prima flowers and jewel centres as minimal embellishments.

Quick, cheap and easy.....perfect for a recession at 45p per 12x12 sheet and you can't beat that personal touch.

Ruth x

2 comments:

  1. Terrific photo cube and am sure your friend will love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow its stunning!! I'm sure your lucky friend will love it :D

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.